Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tech Tuesday:

Go down

Tech Tuesday: Empty Tech Tuesday:

Post  daufuski-Vincent Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:21 pm

6-6:15 warmup then tempo (no attacks/steady speed) on outside loop till
6:45-7:25 tempo on inside loop

What I'm trying to accomplish with this ride.
1. Safety
There are quite a few levels that show up and it is dark so we need to talk and keep a medium tempo to keep the line from bunching and pull through steady to keep the line from surging. If someone surges just rotate steady and don't jump around the guy on the front if he doesn't surge too. Start thinking. You can react when we're racing. Someone else can put on a race night if they like. Not what I'm trying here.
2. Get you on your bike and off of the couch.
3. To pedal almost all of the time by keeping a steady tempo. The speed depends on the size of the group the zone depends on where you are in the group. Out of 5 zones 1 being easiest, 2 or 3 in the paceline and 3 or 4 on the front. Usually work outs to 21-25mph.
4. Teach you how to manage the paceline from the back so you can go back there to rest and still keep the paceline fluid and move back in the paceline when you so desire seemlesly. You all know how to screw up the paceline already. Learn how to keep it going. Talk. We're not racing. If you can do this you will stop looking like hacks. If you are itching to show legs just do some efforts on the inside. Don't do it from the front of the paceline. You guys can't seem to hold back if someone surges with the pace but try it for this night.

Thanks,
Vincent

daufuski-Vincent

Back to top Go down

Tech Tuesday: Empty Tech Tues 11-25

Post  daufuski-Vincent Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:29 pm

The group looked pretty good last night. For 65 minutes I averaged 22.7mph, 230watts, 94rpms in mostly a 53 x 19. That's right in between zone 2 and 3 for me but I did some zone 4 pulls,20-30 secs on the front, to get it that high. Usually when we are going hard in the summer my average wattage is 270.
One area for improvement is moving out of the paceline and not helping the one in front of you get in your spot by telling him in. Also, coming out of the turn the line would surge. I love doing that in a race to hurt the guys in the back but not out here. Also the outside line wouldn't stay close to the inside line and would take an altogether funny line unzipped to the first line. If the front guy on the outside line is a little behind the inside front rider he can see the line that rider takes and keep it close side to side with the other line.
Keep experimenting
Vincent

daufuski-Vincent

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum